Descripción del puesto
Deliver an effective road construction and maintenance program as per FQML design specifications and work methods.
Ensure compliance with all regulations applicable to the facilities and infrastructure.
Lead the road maintenance team to achieve set performance standards, safety, reliability, availability and cost considerations.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
· Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
· Through personal standards, maintain an emphasis on safety, environmental responsibility and operational responsibility.
· Provide direct supervision to a multi-disciplinary team involved with road construction and maintenance activities through QAQC, survey and lab functions.
· Provide coverage and relief for the superintendent during times of absence and or emergency situations.
· Ensure strict compliance with agreed construction methods, design components and all quality control standards.
· Personnel monitoring, control, allocation of daily tasks and scheduling for vacation times.
· Identify personnel training requirements and worker skills required to complete current and future tasks.
· Participate in continuous improvement projects, identify opportunities and analysis for areas to improve infrastructure performance.
· Assist with ordering and securing resources for these activities including liaising with suppliers where required.
· Develop and maintain standard work scopes, material lists and other support documents used for road maintenance QAQC, lab and survey activities.
· Promoting a culture to ensure full compliance with all applicable safety standards.
· Identify, participate in and promote continuous improvement processes.
· Implement FQM Way culture across the team – “Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together”.
· Liaising with peers and colleagues to enable the above.
· Know and comply with the Safety and Occupational Health Regulations in Mining, Internal Work Rules, Code of Ethics and Conduct, Loss Prevention Manual.
· The responsibilities described above are the main responsibilities of the position. The position also develops other activities that are not included in this document and the immediate supervisor is in charge of transmitting them.
· Civil Engineering degree.
· Post graduate studies in ant field.
· QAQC standards and methodologies.
· Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Good working knowledge of road construction methodologies.
· Sound understanding of QAQC programs.
· Ability to maximize a team’s output while observing strict compliance to quality standards and requirements.
· Team focus.
· Driver's license.
· 10+ years industry experience in road construction, maintenance or similar industries.
· Fluency in Spanish is desirable with English language competency highly regarded.
a través de Hiring Room